Bookshelf Mod 1.18/1.18.1/1.17.1/1.16.5 has included a set of code and general API for mods of the author in Minecraft (it is compulsory to install for using).
A supporting mod, Bookshelf Mod will not have any effect when installing independently in Minecraft. Instead of that, it will help other mods to run. The mods that Bookshelf Mod has supported frequently used in a general set of code in structure. And then, it will reduce the size of the file and save time, as well as optimize the system. Therefore, the author has combined this code set into Bookshelf Mod. You should notice that if not installing this mod before using basic mods, it will cause some errors in the game and you cannot load until logging into the main menu!
Some main features:
- Horse Armor: It is easy to add some new armors for horses in the game.
- ItemStack Colors: It changes the colors of the item by command.
- ItemEnchantedEvent: It changes the effects when doing magic in items.
- Some other features, etc.
Bookshelf is a collection of code, frameworks, utilities, and other resources. Many mods utilize Bookshelf’s code base to power their own mods.
Why use a library mod?
Library mods such as Bookshelf allow seemingly unrelated mods to share parts of the same code base. This reduces the amount of time and effort required to develop certain mods and features. The Library’s code base is also tested in a wider range of circumstances and communities which can lead to less bugs and better performance in mods.
Features for Players
While this mod is primarily for mod authors, there are a few useful features for Players.
- Debug commands like /bookshelf hand to get item IDs.
- Many new datapack features like crafting recipes that damage items with durability rather than consuming them.
Features for Modders
- Serialization for JSON/Network/NBT formats.
- Utility Functions.
- Registry manager, including non-forge registry types, debugging, and statistics.
- Debug commands.
- New recipe types.
- New ingredient types.
- New loot condition types.
- New loot modifier types.
- New item predicates.
- Check GitHub and the Wiki for more!
How to Install Bookshelf Mod with Forge Modloader
- Download Forge Installer, Bookshelf-Mod.
- Right-click Forge Installer, Run as Administrator and press OK to install Forge. (You can skip this step if you’ve installed Minecraft Forge)
- Open Start on desktop > Open Run (Or you can use the Windows + R keyboard shortcut)
- Type %appdata% into Run and press enter.
- Go to folder /.minecraft/mods
- Put the jar file of the mod you have downloaded into mods folder and then run Minecraft. Done!